LIHU‘E — Beginning today, there will be a detour on Kuhio Highway in Kilauea between South Ko‘olau Road and North Ko‘olau Road, weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., through Nov. 5, for highway paving.
Northbound motorists will be detoured to Ko‘olau Road during work hours. Work must take place during the day due to the shearwater fledgling nesting season.
Southbound traffic will remain on the highway. Kuhio Highway northbound between South and North Ko‘olau Road will remain open to Kapuna Road residents and those living off the highway between South and North Ko‘olau roads.
• The county Department of Public Works said certain roads in Waimea will be closed from Wednesday, Oct. 27 to Tuesday, Nov. 2, weekdays, to allow Maui Kupono Builders to conduct road-resurfacing work.
Resurfacing work is from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. along portions of Hahai Place, Hahai Road, Keahi Place, Keolewa Street and Kalaiolamanu Street.
Anyone with questions may contact Maui Kupono Builders at 808-369-1800 or the County of Kaua‘i DPW Roads Division at 808-241-4847.
• The DPW and Goodfellow Bros. announced continued partial lane closures on multiple sections of Koloa and Maluhia roads from today through Friday, Oct. 29, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., for punch-list items and shoulder work. Anyone with questions or concerns may contact Tristan Gonzales at 808-462-8057 or Ryan Moura at 808-298-2431.
• A right-lane closure of Kaumuali‘i Highway in both directions between mile markers 2.4 and 4.9, to Kahili Road, today through Friday, Oct. 29, is from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., for tree trimming work.
• Maluhia Road, from Kaumuali‘i Highway to Ala Kinoiki, will be closed on Saturday, Oct. 30, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., to allow the DPW to conduct tree-trimming and vegetation maintenance.
During the road closure, motorists are advised to use Piko Road and Koloa Road.
For more information about the road closure, call Scott Suga with the DPW Roads Division at 808-241-4844.
• Narrowed lanes of Kuhio Highway in the southbound direction, between mile markers 5.7 and 6.6, in the vicinity of Leho Drive and the Kapa‘a bypass road, is in effect now through Friday, Oct. 29, 24 hours a day, for road and shoulder work.
• A right-shoulder closure of Kuhio Highway in the southbound direction between mile markers 11.8 and 13, Kukuihale Road and Kamalomaloo Stream is in effect now through Friday, Oct. 29, 24 hours a day, for shoulder work.
• A right-lane closure of Kuhio Highway in the southbound direction between mile markers 15.1 and 16.7, Aliomanu Road and Ko‘olau Road, is from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today through Friday, Oct. 29, for landscaping work.
• A single-lane closure of Kuhio Highway in both directions between mile markers 19 and 21.6, Kapuna Road and Wailapa Road, is from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. today through Friday, Oct. 29, for road-reconstruction and resurfacing work.
• A single-lane closure of Kuhio Highway in both directions between mile markers 24.4 and 25, Kahiliholo Road and Kalihiwai River, is in effect from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today through Friday, Oct. 29, for landscaping and tree-trimming work.