Breaking News

Breaking News

Fire extinguished in Puhi home early Monday

PUHI — Firefighters responded to a small structure fire early Monday morning that ignited in a Puhi residence.

No injuries were reported, according to a press release.

At approximately 3:50 a.m., Lihu‘e firefighters were dispatched to a residence on Hopena Place, in Puhi, where a fire was reported in the one-story home’s bathroom. Once on scene, the occupants were already evacuated outside of the home when firefighters entered and quickly extinguished the fire. Responders also ensured there was no fire extension in other areas of the structure.

Fire inspectors estimate damages to the structure and its contents to be roughly $5,000.

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental.

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, send us an email.