LIHUE — Wilcox Health will hold its 12th annual “Kids Summer Fest” on Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club.
The free community event will feature interactive health and wellness activities, free sports physicals for children ages 5-18 fun games and snacks.
Children who visit at least 10 activities and return a completed stamp card will also be eligible to enter to win one of several bicycles and helmets.
“Summer is a time for kids to get outdoors and have fun but in a safe and healthy way,” said Dr. Grace Galiza, pediatrician at Kauai Medical Clinic and Kids Summer Fest program chair. “Our Kids Summer Fest was designed to teach children and their families about the importance of leading a healthy, active lifestyle through exercise, proper nutrition, safety and injury prevention.”
More than 20 health and wellness activities, many with interactive games, will be offered in the Kauai Marriott’s Kauai Ballroom and surrounding areas throughout the day. Among the activities are:
• Blend it Your Way Bike Station – Kids will ride a stationary bike and pedal their way to healthy nutritious smoothies.
• Chalk Play – Fun sidewalk games that will encourage keiki to play outside, stimulating their minds through creativity and exercise.
• Let’s Be Healthy: What’s Really in What You Eat and Drink? – Take a close look at how fast food digests and see how it affects one’s health.
• Make Memories with Rudy – Snap a photo with Rudy, Wilcox Medical Center’s Chief Canine Officer.
• Ready. Click. Go! – Children will have the opportunity to win a helmet or another bike safety prize by answering safety questions.
• Rehab Obstacle Course – Crawl through tunnels, hop over hurdles, and challenge your strength through a dynamic and fun agility course
• Teddy Bear Clinic – Help a teddy bear recover from a car collision by taking it through a hospital visit.
• Keiki Zumba – designed exclusively for kids, classes are rockin’, high-energy fitness parties packed with specially choreographed kid-friendly routines and all the music kids love.
• Ocean Safety Awareness — The Kauai Lifeguard Association will provide important information on ocean safety to help ensure a fun summer at the beach for keiki and families.
Registration begins on-site at 9 a.m.
Registration forms are available online at WilcoxHealth.org/KidsSummerFest.