Friday, May 27, 2022 |
Share this story
Here’s what’s happening with the 2018 Kauai Marathon and Half Marathon
• The Wilcox Health Sports and Fitness Expo opens its doors at The Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa ballroom at 10 a.m. Race-packet pickup and registrations are available until 6 p.m. Marathon logo merchandise is available alongside active lifestyle vendors.
• Veteran runner, Runner’s World Ambassador and Kauai Marathon and Half Marathon host Bart Yasso and TKM champion Tyler McCandless host a talk story session at 11 a.m.
• There are other complimentary talk story sessions open to the public at the Wilcox Health Sports and Fitness Expo at the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa. Health specialists and athletes will be on hand to discuss hydration, diet and more.
• The 9th annual Fun Run at 7:30 a.m. begins at the end of Poipu Road, just past the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa. This is a free, 3-mile run led by Yasso and McCandless. The fun run is not a race and is not timed.
• The 6th annual Kauai Marathon Keiki Run presented by Wilcox Health begins on the far west side of the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa at 9 a.m. On-site registration begins at 8 a.m. There is a 100-yard toddler trot for 2-4-year-olds, a quarter-mile run for 5-7-year-olds and a half-mile run for 8-12-year-olds. To register: www.thekauaimarathon.com. Online registration closes Thursday.
• The Sports and Fitness Expo opens at 9 a.m., providing walk-in registrations and race packet pick-up until 4 p.m. McCandless will be at the Kauai Coffee booth at 10:30 to share information about the youth running program. This is followed up with Yasso at 11 for a talk story session.
• The 10th annual Kauai Marathon and Half Marathon begins at 6 a.m. Both events begin on Poipu Road in front of the Poipu Shopping Village. The first 11 miles are run together before the half marathoners veer off back to Poipu to their oceanfront finish while the marathoners continue up Koloa Road to the neighborhoods of Lawai and Kalaheo before heading back down to Poipu. The marathon finishers’ party and awards ceremony is on the ocean front lawn at the Koloa Landing Resort beginning at 8. Race participants as well as supporters can enjoy food, refreshments and entertainment until the early afternoon. Online registration deadline is Aug. 29.
Are the Kauaians Tax $$’s still paying for this Is Event?
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
By participating in online discussions you
acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful
discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments
are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines,
send us an email.