Kapahi Bridge opens today

LIHUE — The Kapahi Bridge is scheduled to reopen this afternoon.

The project is almost done, and flagmen will continue to regulate traffic flow over the bridge until mid-summer.

Remaining work includes the installation of guardrails, striping and grassing of the shoulders, which is expected to be finished by the summer.

The Federal Highway Administration is providing 80 percent of the funding for the project. The remaining 20 percent is funded through the county’s highway and bond funds.

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, send us an email.