Two hundred and fourteen riders gathered to tear up the trails over the weekend.
The fifth annual Boy’s Day Hare and Hound & Poker Run races, hosted by the Garden Island Motorcycle Club, took placeSunday in Omao.
“It was a good event. People were stoked,” said Bertram Almeida, GIMC president, on Tuesday.
Travis Talbo placed first in the A Class blackbelt or expert class. Stephen Rivera was first in the A Class 40-plus division, andErik Rita was first in the A class 39-and-under division.
Kala’i Akina took first in the B Class 39-and-under division, and Billy Carvalho was first in the B Class 40-plus division.
Richard Perez won the top prize in the C Class race, and Puncho Lopez won the D Class race.
The races are held in memory of Kapa Moke Jr., who died in a swimming accident in 2012. He was 3 years old.
In the hare and hound races, which is A class and B class, riders collect checkpoints along the course and the first to turn inwith all the checks wins.
In the poker runs, C Class and D Class, racers collect cards instead of checks and the whoever gets the best hand wins.
Results (times not available)
– A Class (blackbelt) — 1. Travis Talbo, 2. Keoni Akina, 3. Kawika Stillwell, 4. Peter Bierly, 5. Clark Satterfield
– A Class 40+ — 1. Stephen Rivera, 2. Kevin Weston-Webb, 3. Eric Nagao, 4. Kaleo Dawborn
– A Class 39-and-under — 1. Erik Rita, 2. Daniel Hurtado, 3. Mikey Blackstad, 4. Tyler Rodighiero, 5. Ryan Parangao
– B Class 40+ — 1. Billy Carvalho, 2. David McCleary, 3. Gilbert Nobrega, 4. Romero Dawa, 5. Jeff Guest
– B Class 39-and-under — 1. Kala’i Akina, 2. Brennan Perreira, 3. Cody Shibukawa, 4. Teagan Amorin, 5. Keith Miyoshi Jr.
– C Class — 1. Richard Perez, 2. Paleka Malama-Gomes, 3. Ty Werner, 4. Koen Camara, 5. Chava Greenlee, 6. Kory Bunao, 7.Issac Ulanday, 8. Kreig Medeiros, 9. Travis Bonnell, 10. Nikki Estacio
– D Class — 1. Puncho Lopez, 2. Brennan Corpuz, 3. Bradley Ancheta, 4. Danielynn Moke, 5. Waiehu Martins, 6. CaseyBernabe, 7. Talon Anama, 8. Keian Celebrado, 9. Leina’ala Kealoha, 10. Jamilyn Kelekoma