LIHUE — The public is advised that nine newly installed Civil Defense outdoor warning sirens will be tested next week.
The special soundings are for acceptance testing, and will be conducted in partnership with the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency.
The soundings are tentatively scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the following dates and are subject to change without notice:
• Hanamaulu Beach Park — Aug. 25
• Wailua Golf Course (south end) — Aug. 25
• Wailua Houselots Park — Aug. 25
• Kekaha (next to the Chinese cemetery) — Aug. 26
• Halewili Road — Aug. 26
• Kalawai Park — Aug. 26
• Puhi — Aug. 26
• Koloa Town — Aug. 27
• Poipu Beach Park — Aug. 27
The Kauai Civil Defense Agency is also seeking volunteers who are willing to assist with the testing by reporting issues with the sirens, particularly the ones that are in new locations.
Info: 241-1800 or send an email to email@example.com.