Public Meetings for June 1, 2014
2 p.m., Monday, Moikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
· Business: 2014 goals of the Kauai Fire Department (Ongoing, quarterly).
· Business: 2015 budget presentation for the Kauai Fire Department.
Special Council Meeting
8:30 a.m., Wednesday, Historic County Building, Council Chambers
· Planning Committee: Bill 2461, Draft 1 for an ordinance to amend the shoreline setback ordinance in the Kauai County Code.
· Economic Development Committee: Communication from the Director of Economic Development, requesting agenda time to present the feasibility study results for the Kauai Made/Kauai Grown retail outlet and food processing center.
· Committee of the Whole: Bill 2497, Draft 1 to require lobbyists to register with the County of Kauai and identify themselves as lobbyists prior to testifying before the County Council or county agencies.
· Executive Session: The Office of the County Attorney requests an executive session to provide the County Council with a briefing regarding the Kauai County Charter provisions related to the processing of petitions for charter amendments, initiatives and referendums and the roles of county officers and the County Council.
Historic Preservation Review Commission
3 p.m., Thursday, Moikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
· New Business: Waimea Foreign Church (Waimea United Church of Christ) — Proposed addition and renovation of the existing Baird’s Hall.
· New Business: Dr. Michael and Valerie Murray — Zoning permit and use permit to establish operations involving food truck vendors on parcel.