Motorcycle catches fire at Nawiliwili Port

LIHUE — No injuries were reported after a three-wheeled Honda motorcycle caught fire Wednesday morning in a shipping container at Young Brothers in Nawiliwili Port.

“Firefighters from the Lihue station were on scene by 9:50 a.m. and had the fire fully extinguished by 10:03 a.m.,” Kauai County spokeswoman Sarah Blane wrote in an email.

Wendell Kam, manager of Young Brothers Kauai, said the blaze started when a customer tried to start the motorcycle after replacing a dead battery.

“The bike is totaled,” he said. “My container is kind of history, too.”

Kam said the container was in an open area and few people were around at the time of the incident.

An investigation continues.

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, send us an email.