Family believes missing man still alive

LIHUE — The Kauai Police Department is asking the community to call if they see a Kekaha man missing since June.

Richard Paul Agor was last seen by family in mid-June in Eleele, but he is also known to frequent the North Shore. The family is concerned for his welfare as a diagnosed schizophrenic. They say he is not dangerous but could possibly harm himself when in a manic state.

Agor’s 34th birthday was Monday, and the family celebrated by taking his four children, ages 8, 5, and 4-year-old twins, to an arcade, which Agor would do every pay day.

“He has four beautiful children and they miss him every day,” said Agor’s sister, Nicolann Miller.

Miller and her retired serviceman husband invited Agor to come live with them in North Carolina, she said. He labored over the decision to leave his girls, but wanted to get his life together and was telling friends how excited he was with the move. It does not make sense for her brother to disappear, Miller said.

“It took Richard a long time just to decide to leave his kids and that is why this is not normal,” she said.

Although separated from his wife over a year ago, Agor remained close to his daughters, Miller said. He was arrested for restraining order violations and a contempt of court charge, but she said Agor is not likely running from the law because he was not looking at jail time.

“We still miss Richard,” Miller said. “We love him dearly and without him part of ourselves missing.”

Agor is of Filipino and Puerto Rican descent, stands 5 feet, 2 inches tall, weighs 165 pounds with a medium build, has brown eyes, black hair, and a tan complexion. He has a tattoo on his right arm that says “Jamie’s Boy” along with a tattoo of the Hawaiian Islands on his back.

Agor is kind and smiling, she said. He is also skilled in the wilderness and likes to fish and to hunt pigs. He became familiar with the mountains while working for an invasive species agency and a previous job with Syngenta, she said.

He was diagnosed mentally ill and had to stop working about two years ago. He was homeless until his mother Matilda Inouye arranged for him to stay at a grandmother’s home in Kekaha.

“I pray every night that he will return home safely,” Inouye said.

Inouye last saw Agor in early June. His ex-wife saw him in mid-June at the Eleele Shopping Center, where he reportedly left a new cell phone on a bench, and a backpack in his wife’s car.

Miller said rumors that Agor was found are not true. He is still missing and they ask that people allow the missing posters to stay up around the island.

There were unconfirmed sightings of Agor through August.

The family has set up a web page at They have a special phone number for people to call with sightings or information at (808) 631-6709 or email

The police ask that information about Agor be given to KPD Dispatch at 241-1711, the Investigative Services Bureau at 241-1696, or Crime Stoppers at 241-1887.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, send us an email.