Public Meetings for Sunday, June 24
Charter Review Commission
4 p.m., Monday, Mo‘ikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
• Review and discussion on findings and purpose and ballot questions for consideration of moving proposed charter amendments for legal review by County Attorney’s Office.
• Qualifications related to partial districting.
• Memorandum from Prosecuting Attorney’s Office proposing charter amendments to County Attorney’s Office.
• Memorandum from Prosecuting Attorney’s Office proposing charter amendments to Article XI relating to Police Department.
• Memorandum from Prosecuting Attorney’s Office proposing charter amendments to Article XIX to change budgetary process.
Kaua‘i Planning Commission
9 a.m., Tuesday, Mo‘ikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
• Zoning permits for commercial development in Kilauea on site of former Kilauea Pacific School — Michael M. Dyer Revocable Trust.
• SMA use permit to allow lateral expansion of Kekaha Landfill to include three additional cells.
• Zoning and variance permits related to maximum length of flag pole in ‘Oma‘o — Kenneth Souza Jr./Kenneth A. Souza Trust.
• Permits for sporting clay facility similar to clay pigeon shooting near Kapaia Electric Power Plant — Benjamin & Andreallee Elllsworth (dba Kaua‘i Eco Sporting Clays, LLC).
• Shoreline setback determination: Maxine Votaw — TMK (4)2-6-007:013, Po‘ipu; Waipouli Beach Resort, LLC — TMK (4)4-3-008:001, Waipouli; Stephanie Skow — TMK (4)4-3-009:001, Wailua; County of Kaua‘i, Public Works — TMK (4)4-5-002:023, Kapa‘a.
• Executive Session: Discussion on proposed settlement of 5th Circuit Court civil complaint No. 12-1-0103, Weatherwax Family 2000 Trust versus Kaua‘i Planning Commission and County of Kaua‘i, regarding special permits SP-2011-24 and SP-2012-34, TMK 5-3-04:20, Kalihikai.
• Permits for commercial shopping center along north side of Kilauea Road and across Kong Lung Center — Kilauea Ventures, LLC.
Kaua‘i County Council
9 a.m., Wednesday, Historic County Building
• Update of feasibility study for the Community Digital Media Center.
• Communication from Vice Chair JoAnn Yukimura requesting approval of her request that the Board of Ethics conduct an investigation on whether violations of the Code of Ethics have occurred in connection with the creation and operation of the POHAKU program and related matters.
• County of Kaua‘i bond summary of general long-term debt amount outstanding as of July 1, 2011.
• County of Kaua‘i bond supplemental summary of long-term debt amount outstanding as of June 20, 2012.
• Kukui‘ula Communities Facilities District Bond — Discussion on sale of bonds, disbursement of bond proceeds, allocation and funding process for designated county projects identified to be funded: Kaneiolouma Heiau Complex, Parking for Po‘ipu Beach Park, Koloa-Po‘ipu complete streets initiative.
• Office of County Attorney’s request for $125,000 to retain special counsel to provide legal counsel for the county regarding development of the landfill and related matters.
• Six claims against the County of Kaua‘i.
• Approval of warranty deed and utility easement for Lydgate-Kapa‘a shared-use path.
• Approval of grant easement to KIUC for utility purposes for Pa‘anau Village Phase II.
• Resolution proposing charter amendment relating to definitions of “shall,” “must” and “may.”
• Resolution authorizing acquisition of fee simple interest in lands required for public use, related to pedestrian and bicycle path which constitutes part of public park system, in Waipouli, and determining and declaring necessity of acquisition thereof by eminent domain.
• Resolution amending Resolution 166 (1975), deleting and establishing school bus stop on Nonou Road, Wailua Houselots.
• Resolution establishing school zone and 15 miles-per-hour speed limit for the entire length of Mahimahi Road, Malolo Road, Malolo Place and a portion of Weke Road in Hanalei.
• Six executive sessions.
• Public hearing 1:30 p.m.: Resolution proposing charter amendment relating to restricting mayor’s power over departments; resolution proposing charger amendment relating to additional duties of County Auditor; resolution proposing charter amendment relating to preparation of monthly financial statements by Director of Finance.
Board of Water Supply
10 a.m., Thursday, 4398 Pua Loke St.
• Employee/Crew of the Quarter Award — First Quarter.
• Correspondence from Michelle Hughes, Secret Beach Properties, LLC, via Belles Graham Proudfoot Wilson & Chun, LLP.
• Board Committee reports.
• Manager’s Reports — Subdivision water systems rules amendments; debt service reserve fund policy; non-potable water systems.
Open Space Commission
1 p.m., Thursday, Mo‘ikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
• Discussion with County Attorney pertaining to legal issues involved with recommending acquisition of real property to the County Council as part of the annual report.
• Update on commission’s work plan/timeline of events and activities through 2011.
• Access to Kukui‘ula Bay through the former Hoban property.
• Presentation on past commission recommendations and concerns, and suggestions for future work plans.
• Review and discus South and West sides visit on May 10.
• Discussion on commission’s report presentation to the mayor.
• Review and discuss rules of practice and procedure and policy on communications and appointment of members to the investigative team.
— Visit www.kauai.gov to view