KEKAHA – The Kaua‘i Police Department is investigating a theft that occurred at the Kekaha Neighborhood Center earlier this week.
The suspect(s) apparently entered the Center on Elepaio Road sometime between 9 p.m. Monday and 4 a.m. Tuesday and stole a 32” Sony television.
Police urges anyone with information to call Police Dispatch at 241-1711 or CrimeStoppers, 241-1887.
KPD also suggests the following crime prevention tips:
• Make sure door and window locks work properly and are of good quality.
• Place physical obstructions, such as wood dowels, in sliding windows and door tracks to secure them better.
• Install motion detection lighting around exterior dark areas, walkways, and doorways.
• Trim shrubs and hedges around your home or business so burglars don’t have a place to hide.
• If you can afford it, install a security system.
• Be aware of anyone who might be “casing” your home for a future break-in.
• Form alliances with neighbors to keep an eye out for each other such as the Neighborhood Watch Program.
Report any suspicious activity to the Kaua‘i Police Department at 241-1711 or Crime Stoppers at 241-1887.