The Kaua‘i Society of Artists is looking for artists to enter its next competition and show, titled “Art Kaua‘i 2011.” This juried show has no specific theme, and the juror will be Andrew Binkley, an artist based on O‘ahu. All art media are accepted that fit the following guidelines:
• All work must be the original work of the artist and produced within the last three years.
• Work cannot have been shown in a previous KSA show, including a solo show.
• All entries must meet the following limitations: Dimensions no larger than 6 x 6 x 3, weight no greater than 15 pounds for wall-hanging art and no greater than 200 pounds for free-standing art.
• Entries should be in finished condition for handling. No wet entries will be accepted.
• Prints, drawings and photographs should be in metal or word frames, covered with glass or plexiglass, and include hanging hardware. Sawtooth hangers are not acceptable.
• Art that has two components (such as a set of two complimentary photographs framed separately) will be counted as two pieces of art.
• Offensive content will not be accepted.
The nonrefundable entry fee to the show for KSA members is $10 per entry and $15 for non-KSA members. A maximum of three entries per artist is allowed. The entries must be hand-delivered to KSA on July 16 at its gallery in Kukui Grove Center. Each artist with an accepted entry will be required to show at least twice or pay $25 per show sit.
The show will be exhibited from July 30 through September 9. Email Cordelia Bailey at email@example.com for more information.