The Department of Transportation announced possible traffic delays due to improvement work between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday due to the following ongoing projects:
• In Lawa‘i east of the Piko Road intersection lanes in both directions will be narrowed for permit work on the highway.
• In Lawa‘i west of the Koloa Road intersection the speed limit has been reduced and travel lanes narrowed and shifted temporarily for shoulder work.
• In Kalaheo near the Hokua Road intersection for drainage and shoulder lane improvements.
• In Kekaha between the intersections with Kekaha and Mamo roads for the creation of roadways into the Hokuaina Beach Estates subdivision on the south side of the highway.
• Near Hanalei between Kalihiwai Road and Kahiliholo Road for resurfacing.
• In Anahola near the Pili Mai Ke Kai subdivision between Anahola Road and Kukuihale Road for intersection improvements and shoulder maintenance.
• Near Hanama‘ulu, from Kuene Street to Kapule Highway in both directions for pavement marker replacement work.
• North of Kilauea Town at the Kolo Road intersection for intersection improvements.