The Department of Public Works is continuing its series of public information meetings on landfill issues.
The meetings are scheduled from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at different locations around the island:
• Sept. 16 — Kapa‘a Middle School
• Sept. 18 — Koloa Neighborhood Center
• Sept. 22 — Kalaheo Neighborhood Center
• Sept. 23 — Lihu‘e Neighborhood Center
• Sept. 30 — Kilauea Neighborhood Center
Among the topics that will be covered include Kekaha Landfill lateral expansion, siting of a new landfill, design requirements for a modern landfill, mitigation measures, host community compensation, and community concerns regarding landfills.