8 a.m., Tuesday, Lihu‘e Civic Center Mo‘ikeha Building Meeting Room 2A-2B
• Tentative subdivision action on 7-lot boundary adjustment for Kaua‘i Lagoons/KD Golf Ownership in Lihu‘e and a 23-lot subdivision for Niu Pia Land Company in Wailua.
• Final subdivision action on a 2-lot subdivision for Visionary in Lihu‘e.
• Discussion on Wainiha Subdivision and Brescia v. North Shore Ohana
• Special Management Area use permit and Class IV zoning permit for conversion of Kaua‘i Sands 204 hotel rooms into 92 time share apartment units, and variance permit to allow the existing 60 percent lot coverage on the property, located some 300 feet south of the northern Papaloa Road and Kuhio Highway intersection. Public testimony welcomed.
Pedestrian path meeting
The second public information meeting regarding the preparation of an environmental assessment for the Nawiliwili to Civic Center to Ahukini phase of the Nawiliwili to Anahola multi-use path will be from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Tuesday, at the War Memorial Convention Hall.
9 a.m., Wednesday, Council Chambers, Historic County Building
• Communication from Public Works Committee Chair Mel Rapozo requesting the Administration be present to give an update and status report on the county’s bicycle/pedestrian pathway project which encompasses various segments from Ahukini to Anahola.
• Communication from Public Works Committee Vice Chair Shaylene Iseri-Carvalho requesting the Administration be present to discuss an action plan, timeline
and cost proposal for the repair, removal and/or maintenance of Kapa‘a Beach Revetment and for the repair and/or maintenance of Moanakai Road alignment/Fujii Beach Revetment.
• A bill to establish a new chapter in county code for its housing policy.
• A communication from Community Assistance/Intergovernmental Relations Committee Chair Shaylene Iseri-Carvalho transmitting the following proposals for Council consideration and approval, for inclusion in the 2008 Kaua‘i County Legislative Package:
— Pouli Road Improvements
— Coqui Frog Eradication
— Retrofit of Lights at Recreational Facilities
— Mitigation Plan for Endangered Species Act (Shearwaters)
— Wastewater Projects
— Shoreline (seawall) Projects
• Communication from Councilmember JoAnn A. Yukimura requesting the following statute proposals be included in the 2008 Kaua‘i Legislative Package:
— A Bill For An Act Relating To Government
— A Bill For An Act Relating To Public Land Liability
— A Bill For An Act Relating To Important Agricultural
• A bill to amend the county ordinance for transient vacation rental and bed and
• A bill to establish a new article relating to shoreline setback and coastal protection.
• Communication from Planning Committee Chair Yukimura requesting the Administration be present to give a status report on the Planning Department’s progress in developing a plan to implement the identification of important agricultural lands pursuant to Act 183.
• Communication from Council Chair Asing requesting the county attorney provide a legal interpretation of the 2006 Charter Amendment relating to conflict of interest of councilmembers and that he be present to discuss this matter.
To view agendas in their entirety, visit www.kauai.gov.