Special Kaua‘i County Council Meeting
May 31, 9 a.m.
Historic County Building
• Mayor Bryan Baptiste’s supplemental budget, action on the county’s operating and operating budget for fiscal year 2006-2007 and action on tax rates.
Kaua‘i County Charter Commission
May 31, 4 p.m.
Lihu‘e Civic Center
• Information from Kaua‘i County Finance Director Michael Tresler related to a proposal to limit expenditures by the county;
• Report from Mel Nishihara on the county’s parks division;
• Testimony by Walter Lewis on a proposed charter amendment for an expenditure limit for the county budget;
• Commission effort to foster public participation.