• Family Two sons, 9 and 4 years old
• Occupation Homemaker
• Hobbies “I like to do lots of things. I do arts and crafts. I like to make things. I collect Ni‘ihau shells. I love to workout, and I write in journals. I’m about a quarter of the way through with a book right now.”
• What do you like most about The Garden Island? “I like to read all of the newspaper.
I like to read entertainment things.”
• What do you like most about living on Kaua‘i? “I love it here. It’s way better than California because California has a lot of smog and we don’t here. I love that my sons can play here, and be more like kids.”
• If you could change one thing about life on Kaua‘i, what would it be? “I believe there should be more shelters for women who’ve been a victim of domestic abuse. I read that there are a lot of women out there who have to try and defend themselves.
There should be more programs for single mothers who have no place to go so they can stay out of trouble. The YWCA is always full.”
To be considered for inclusion in Kama‘aina Voices, please contact Lanaly Cabalo, lifestyle writer, at 245-3681 (ext. 237), or firstname.lastname@example.org.