Saturday, Aug. 13, 2022 |
Share this story
• Switched vote
• Lights on Rice
I’m proud to say that I crossed party lines to vote for President Bush, based on morals and character. My party let me down when they delivered Senator Kerry as the only candidate of choice and I will never forgive them for that.
Michael Moore is a very small minded and mean spirited opportunist. Calling him your mentor is nothing to be proud of with regard to the “rigged election’ conspiracy theory, if it’s true then we still have the best man in office because he’s a lot smarter than Kerry, you or any of his adversaries gave him credit for!
Rebuttal in the following:
1. To my knowledge no one has tampered with Roe-v-Wade?
2. We did use a global test (coalition) minus the (oil-for-food corrupted) French, Germans and Russians. McVeigh was not hiding behind an army half way around the world and Missouri detectives helped us find him!
3. The Stem Cell argument is not about religion. Our Government is not in the medical research business and President Bush is leaving this up to the private sector where it belongs.
4. America’s Corporations pay nearly $28,000.00 more in salary per individual workers than European Companies and our quality of life is better.
5. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Consummation is the key element and the byproduct is a miraculous creation (children). The definition all boils down to procreation! Something that gay couples cannot achieve through intercourse. Gay partners have the same rights as all US citizens and changing the definition of marriage will threaten your happy marriage when Social Security collapses from the new burden.
For 228 years we have honored marriage. Once you change the definition there will be men marrying multiple wives, sisters marrying their sisters, brothers with brothers, people with animals etc.
Lights on Rice
In an age where it seems like every function, party, parade or event has an underlying fund raising purpose, it was heart warming to see downtown Lihu‘e filled to capacity last Friday evening with Christmas revelers there solely to enjoy the wonderful Festival of Lights parade and the lighting of the County gardens trees. Each year these events continue to grow both in size and popularity with an ever expanding number of floats and an increasingly ambitious program, all with no ulterior purpose other than to imbue the holiday spirit in all of us. For those of you who missed the parade, you still have plenty of time to enjoy the lit trees and the Christmas fantasy land that’s been created inside the County Building. It’s no wonder that this festival has been selected as one of the best small town events anywhere in America and each and every resident of Kauai needs to extend our collective thanks and appreciation to the many volunteers and their driving force leaders, Elizabeth Freeman and Dennis Fujimoto. All the volunteers, and especially Elizabeth and Dennis, should be justifiably proud of what they have accomplished. In a world full of divisiveness and terror, we on Kaua‘i are truly blessed to have such committed and capable leaders in our midst. Please accept our admiration and congratulations, and may you share in the holiday joy that your hard work, dedication and vision have brought into all our lives.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
By participating in online discussions you
acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful
discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments
are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines,
send us an email.