Fireworks cause fire

Fireworks were blamed for starting a fire that burned the southwest corner of a roof of an abandoned building located next to the Waiohai Beach Club in Poipu Friday evening.

Firefighters from Koloa extinguished the fire between 8:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Firefighters from Kalaheo were summoned and arrived at the scene of the fire, but their services were not needed, according to a fire department spokesman.

The fire, which charred a five foot by foot area of the roof, caused an estimated $500 in damages.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, send us an email.