Kauai County officials would like to remind residents that June 16 is the deadline for filing applications for monthly sewer credits.
Eligible residents will receive a $20 credit toward their monthly sewer credit.
These requirements must be met before residents can qualify for the program:
- Applicants must receive sewer service from the county.
- The joint annual household adjusted gross income must be below $40,000 for 2001.
- Applicants must not be receiving housing or utility assistance payments from any organizations.
- Only one residence can be given the tax credit.
- The dwelling unit being claimed for the tax credit must be the applicant’s principal residence.
- Sewer bills must be current.
Applications can be picked up at the neighborhood centers in Waimea, Hanapepe, Lihue and Kapaa or at the Kauai County Dedicated Motor Vehicle Registration Treasury window.
Residents may also download applications from http://www.kauaigov.org.
To facilitate the processing of the applications , eligible residents should have the first two pages of the federal and state tax returns for 2001. Applicants who didn’t file a 2001 tax return will need a notarized affidavit.