LIHU‘E — The state is seeking airport screeners at all major airports on the islands, including the Lihu‘e Airport.
The state needs 100 airport screeners that will greet trans-Pacific and international travelers and crew members as well as verify Safe Travel requirements.
Screeners are also needed at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport on O‘ahu, the Hilo and Kona International Airports on Hawai‘i Island, and Kahului Airport on Maui.
From now through December, all airport screening employees will receive an incentive bonus of $300 to $400 monthly. This includes all existing and newly hired employees. The bonus expires on Dec. 25.
Screeners must have the following minimum qualifications:
• High-school diploma or equivalent;
• Customer-service experience or a combination of education and experience;
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written;
• Minimum age of 18;
• Ability to work flexible shifts — weekends, evenings, holidays;
• Ability to adjust to changing schedules;
• Ability to interact professionally with all individuals — passengers, vendors, agents, clients, etc.;
• Basic iPhone, iPad and computer skills.
The state is using federal COVID-relief funds to contract with Roberts Hawai‘i through the end of the year to oversee the Safe Travels program at Hawai‘i’s airports. The contract is renewable as needed.
For more information and to apply, visit Robertshawaii.com or call 808-539-9414.
The Garden Island