Friday, Aug. 19, 2022 |
Share this story
LIHU‘E – Three new cases of COVID-19 were reported by the Kaua‘i District Health Office on Wednesday, May 12.
All three cases are Kaua‘i residents.
Two are adults who are known contacts of previously identified cases and whose source of infection is community-acquired. One is a child whose source of infection is mainland travel and whose mainland test results were received after returning to Kaua‘i. All active cases are in isolation and close contacts are being identified, offered testing, and directed to quarantine. Investigations are ongoing.
Wednesday’s cases bring the number of active cases to 15 with 347 cumulative cases. Kaua‘i’s cumulative case count includes 308 confirmed locally, two probable, and 37 positive cases diagnosed elsewhere, as they received their pre-travel test results after arriving on island.
Vaccine opened to 12 year-olds
The County of Kaua‘i announced Wednesday that vaccine appointments are available to residents aged 12 and older beginning today.
The Pfizer vaccine received FDA Emergency Use Authorization on Monday and CDC approval Wednesday for this age group.
Kaua‘i hospitals and the Lihu‘e Safeway and Lihu‘e Longs are now offering appointments to residents 12 and older. Weekend and evening appointments are available at select locations.
Pfizer vaccine (age 12 and up):
• Wilcox (weekdays and Saturdays, daytime): http://WilcoxHealth.org/Vaccine
• Mahelona (Thursday, May 13, 3-7 p.m. & Tuesday, May 18, 3-7 p.m.): https://kauai.hhsc.org/
• KVMH (Friday, May 14, 3-7 p.m. & Monday, May 17, 3-7 p.m.): https://kauai.hhsc.org/
• Lihu‘e Safeway (seven days a week, daytime): https://www.safeway.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html [select Lihue location for 12-17 years old]
• Lihu‘e Longs/CVS (seven days a week, day and evening): https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines remain available to residents aged 18 and older at pharmacy and clinic locations.
Ho‘ola Lahui is now offering appointments to all Kaua‘i residents 18+ at their clinics, including those who are not current patients.
Moderna vaccine (age 18 and up):
• Kapa‘a Safeway: https://www.safeway.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html (seven days a week, daytime) [select “Two Dose COVID Vaccine Appt – Dose 1” for Moderna]
• Ele‘ele Longs: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine [select Ele‘ele location for Moderna]
• Walmart (seven days a week, daytime & early morning): http://www.walmart.com/COVIDvaccine
• Kaiser Permanente Lihu‘e Clinic (weekdays, 9-11 a.m.): https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/hawaii/health-wellness/coronavirus-information/covid-vaccine
• Lihu‘e Pharmacy Clinic (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 5-7 p.m.): Call (808) 246-9100
• Ho‘ola Lahui, Waimea and Kapa‘a clinics: Call (808) 938-0938 [open to all residents age 18+, including those who are not current patients]
Johnson & Johnson vaccine (age 18 and up):
• Costco (weekdays, daytime): https://www.costco.com/covid-vaccine.html
• Kapa‘a Safeway (Thursday, May 13, & Saturday, May 15, daytime): https://www.safeway.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html [select “Single Dose COVID Vaccine Appt Johnson and Johnson”]
• Veterans and their spouses and caregivers, and recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affair benefits, can get vaccine through the VA by visiting https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/stay-informed or calling 1-800-214-1306.
In my view, vaccinating a child for Covid is a form of abuse and endangerment for the child. They are relatively 100% safe from the virus, and even when vaccinated they will continue to spread the virus like everyone else. It’s not worth subjecting them to an experimental drug and vaccination procedure when no one knows the long term or cellular affects that these vaccines will have on the human body over time. It’s also foolish since the ultimate protection provided by the 2 shots only lasts 6 months according to the vaccine companies who are getting rich with this “Pandemic”! What are the long term effects of you injecting two shots of an undertested experimental vaccine into your body every 6 months, or year, for life? That’s what you’ll be asked to do next. For a virus that only kills .007 of us based on the statistically projected 80 million of us who have already had Covid, many without even knowing it! Roll the dice on a crap shoot vaccine for yourself if you want. I would not do it for a child who is relying on me to make that decision for them! This is not the kind of vaccine you give them for Small Pox, Measles, Whooping Cough etc! This is an entirely new approach of tricking the body’s reengineered RNA into action. We won’t know for many years if there are hidden problems, side effects, or diseases that will be directly tied to these vaccines in the future. My children have too long of a future for me to gamble with!
It seems concerning that vaccination for kids 12-15 is being suggested, when the total number of kids who died from Covid has been about 300, according to a report on NPR yesterday. That is 5/100ths of 1% of the total deaths nationally. Why give an experimental vaccine with unknown side effects to children(Or anyone for that matter) for a virus that has a 98% survival rate? According to the HI State Health Dept Disease Outbreak Control Division in 2017-2018 there were a total of 4333 deaths from all causes and 526 deaths from pneumonia and influenza! That is close to the number of deaths so far in Hawaii from Covid. During that time though there was no shut down of the economy or social distancing or mask wearing or insistence on dubious “vaccination”.!’I’m still scratching my head!!!
Do you think it is safe to vaccinate younger residents? I mean what could possibly go wrong. Are you keeping up with the CDC guidelines? This is all new. I think that the younger ones will come out okay. It seems to be working properly on the vaccine for the older ones. I don’t think they should be any concern.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
By participating in online discussions you
acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful
discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments
are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines,
send us an email.