Letters for Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Sick of Trump lies

In address to Mr. Dittlers editorial; Trump doesn’t care about we the people. He cares only about the power of Donald.

That is why, clearly, according to multiple recounts, 60 federal judges and the Supreme Court, he publicly tried to cajole and threaten an election official.

HE LOST!!! Fair and square. NO fixed ballots or conspiracy lies are going to change that. NO organizing mobs trying to stage a coup to take power will fix the will of the people. What it will do is land him in prison. Get your facts straight! HE let big corporations escape paying taxes, including the Trump family scheme. He has directly caused more American lives than all wars combined due to his extreme incompetence and obsession to WIN!

He lost because WE THE PEOPLE are sick of his constant, pathological LIES!

Carla Harringer, Kapa‘a

Vaccination went smoothly

My husband and I received our first dose of the coronavirus vaccine Friday. The staff was so friendly, welcoming and efficient, from the security guys who meet your car at the entrance to the lady giving out coffee, water and cookies as you exit. We have had absolutely no discomfort during the administration of the shot, or after.

The whole process took under half an hour, and we were given a card with our next appointment date and time as we left.

Mary Ellen Turk, Kilauea

Thankfully vaccinated

My wife and I just received the first of two COVID vaccine injections, after an online registration. The process was relaxed, controlled and very efficient. Within 10 minutes of our arrival, we had our painless injections, and 15 minutes later we were able to depart, knowing we’re on our way to being protected from the deadly COVID virus.

Mahalos to the staff and volunteers. This is just one example of the superb medical care we are fortunate to have on Kaua‘i.

Michael Diamant, Koloa

1. Maria Riceira January 20, 2021 2:34 am Reply

How sweet your experimental gene therapy experience was, and like any innocent child you got a cookie for a reward.

Apparently even Dr. Fauci says you still have to wear a mask and stay 6’ from others, and this non-vaccine does not provide immunity from the Covid virus, nor does it make you non-comtsgiois.

One wonders why they even bother with the stab n jab, much less the cookie.

If your read the Kauai Obituaries you will see an awful lot of people dying in their 40’s, 50’s, and 60’s, why isn’t anything being done about that.

Their deaths are epidemic compared to zero Covid deaths on Kauai. It is clear to see that we are busy watching the wrong channel. The mayor should click the channel changer and get a new medical advisor with the majority of the people taken care of who are on the obituary channel. Click to the Health Channel.

2. Kaua January 20, 2021 4:22 am Reply

Thank you Carla! In addition to his lies, his constant racist comments offended me.

1. Reality Bites January 20, 2021 1:51 pm Reply

Ok, I’ll bite……Can you provide ONE racist comment?

I’ll ask you to review the word “racist” before answering. Thank you.

1. Pete Antonson January 27, 2021 1:57 pm Reply

The entire “birther movement” was racist to it’s core and he was a self appointed leader of it.

2. Barry Dittler January 20, 2021 2:04 pm Reply

Kaua,

Just one question. Exactly WHAT in Carla’s letter had even the remotest relationship to what I wrote ?? I never mentioned the election, and my only reference to Trump was to say that the last 4 years were NOT about him, but the idea that the average American is the true power in this country, no matter what race or gender or religion ! Apparently, to some people, even the casual mention of Trumps name, if not attached to a string of nasty adjectives is enough to send some people into an uncontrolled, psychotic rage. This letter was not a response to my letter, but used my name to go off on a tangent totally unrelated to what I said. If defending Americans rights against the silicon valley elites and corporate power is offensive, we as a country are doomed to fail.

3. YuCalJoe January 20, 2021 7:01 am Reply

If you hate lies, you must really hate the Clintons and Bidens for their ongoing lies.

1. Uli Roth January 20, 2021 8:49 pm Reply

Over 30,000 documented lies by donald. That’s just the ones in public and twitter. I think you should come to grips with Reality! Those conspiracies you fall for are bad for your mental health!

1. manawai January 20, 2021 8:58 pm Reply

How about naming ONE! Or even 10 our of your “documenturd” 30 thousand.

1. Pete Antonson January 23, 2021 5:21 pm Reply

This one caused an insurrection:
          “I won and they stole the election from me”

2. manawai January 20, 2021 9:01 pm Reply

…And I can’t wait to see Biden cure cancer as he has promised.

3. Keale January 20, 2021 11:52 pm Reply

Carla, you expect us to believe Twitter? The ones that censored him? You believe all the lies, ….so sad your life must be to still spout off poison, even when the man is not in office anymore…

4. RG DeSoto January 20, 2021 8:16 am Reply

Carla…nothing like a sore winner spouting more nonsense. You guys won, your nemesis is no longer in office, now just be content with that and clam up with the talking points.
    Not to worry though, Carla, the plundering will continue as it does no matter which party holds the reigns…all at our expense, of course. That’s just the nature of the state and its denizens.
    RG DeSoto

1. manawai January 20, 2021 8:56 pm Reply

How about naming ONE!

2. Uli Roth January 20, 2021 8:57 pm Reply

Sore Winner?! You can’t even admit a loss! You were a Sucker for The Big Lie! Are you part of our population that Still thinks this was a stolen election by the deep state? Carla, tell it like it is, and do it with joy!

5. lisa insalata January 20, 2021 8:43 am Reply

Thank you, Ms. Turk. I too, am tired and outraged at the continuous misinformation of the former president.

6. Barry Dittler January 20, 2021 12:12 pm Reply

Carla, I really have to ask what the heck you are talking about ?? Where in my article did I talk about the election, or for that matter, any other of the items in your letter ?? Apparently, you saw the one mention of Trump and this set off they typical irrational tirade so common with many ! My letter was about rekindling the power of the American people to preserve our freedom of speech rights and was against the big silicon valley corporations ! I was clear this had nothing to do with Trump, for heavens sake. Maybe it is you that needs to get the facts straight , since your response has absolutely no relation to what I said !

1. RG DeSoto January 20, 2021 2:39 pm Reply

Barry…the Kool-Aid drinkers, like Carla, never let inconvenient facts get in the way of their irrational & blind hatred for someone.
      RG DeSoto

2. james January 21, 2021 8:43 am Reply

Why only the Silicon Valley corporations? Why not Fox media, I heart radio, or any other media outlets or corporations? Can’t anyone start a social media company if they so chose? What is it about these particular corporations that triggers you?

7. Lawaibob January 20, 2021 5:40 pm Reply

Trump for Prison 2021
    Make America Great Again!

1. manawai January 20, 2021 8:59 pm Reply

You’re so impressive.

8. I saw a Vampire once January 20, 2021 8:29 pm Reply

Yep. Donald Trump is gone. I saw the news. Joe Biden is in. Did you notice how Joe Biden seems more composed because he gets elected by the majority, rather than the minority? The minority being the rich and the knowledgeable. SpaceX plans to send people to the moon 2024. I think they might have moved this to a later date. What is Joe Biden stance on this? They just tested the 8 minute rocket boosters to send them to space. One minute of it, then shut down. This will take a while to get. Do you think they can do this? I am not sure how they planned this, but it looks to be a bigger project than dealt with. Joe Biden must unite America to see that this is a legitimate goal. Sending people to the moon. How much Joe will do to support this project? I don’t know. One area of concern Joe must deal with. Technology and Space travel.

9. Ginger Doll January 21, 2021 4:06 am Reply

It is January 21. Enjoy the calm and quiet. Enjoy the return to normal.

10. Kauaidoug January 21, 2021 11:04 am Reply

Let’s just try and get everyone vaccinated so we can all get back to our lives.
    He lost, he was a crook, we knew he was a crook before he was elected but some people voted for him anyway. Now, he has no twitter, because he couldn’t follow the rules, shock, AND he has so many lawsuits from both private individuals and the States of New York and Georgia looming he is going to need to find another grift to pay for those.

I think his worse problem is going to be no one returning his calls and no one saying his name!

No one saying his name. Good Riddance, I feel so much better already!