The Garden Island’s top 2020 stories
This week The Garden Island staff reflected on the top stories of 2020. But, the reality is, there only seemed to be one story: the coronavirus. From its arrival to the islands, subsequent lockdown to stem the virus’ spread, to its impacts on all aspect of our island life. The story is still being written.
Start Free AccountGet access to 10 premium stories every month for FREE!
Already a Subscriber?Current print subscriber? Activate your complimentary Digital account.
Subscribe NowChoose a package that suits your preferences.
1. Vallow chose shallow and buried the sad evidence in the backyard. A testimony to SICK.
2. As bad as Brun seemed, he did not damage the island an iota compared to the Gov and Mayor stopping tourism and the economy destruction still destroying us as an island ohana.
3. The Covid-19 virus brought to us on the “wings” of the wind and the dreaded “droplets” of rain.
4. Lucky the Wailua Bridge never fall down.
5. We got a good Council, and hope we see Ross again up there protecting the people .
6. Polihale, At least they never install rockets out there.
7. Beach Access vs. Private Property Right…that’s why they have the Bureau of Conveyance over in Honolulu.
8. Love has Won was No Loss at the Departure Gate.
9. Target? Some say Tar-szay…kind of like Bo Tiki.
2021…let’s have some FUN…!
forgot to mention the lowest unemployment rates in history for blacks, women and minorities….And the most peace in the Middle East in decades…..
And forgot to mention all the turmoils caused by a president that is a Putin puppet spreading all the disinformation from Moscow for his own private gain! Black lives do matter!
Forgot to mention the president as the GREATEST grifter in history! I’ll stop there but you get my drift.