Stand up for your freedom before it’s too late
Have we had enough yet? Is anyone, besides myself, sick and tired of being told what I can do and where I can go? Is anyone else tired of letting the government dictate your freedom of movement, your freedom of property (to run a business), your freedom to breathe — while at the same time NOT FOLLOWING THE VERY MANDATES THEY IMPOSE ON US?
When on God’s green earth did we become so complacent? This would never have worked in the ‘60s when the Hong Kong flu killed over a million people. Did everyone hide in their houses with their masks on back then? NO! They went to Woodstock instead for four days of sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll. And mud. No antibacterial handwash or social distancing. Oh my!
But that was before the mainstream media and big tech had acquired complete mind control over the masses. Turn on any TV news outlet, pick up any newspaper or log on to any social media and you will hear the same rhetoric on every channel: The virus is deadly, you must stay safe at home, everyone must get the vaccine and President Trump lost the election. LIES, LIES and more LIES! Everyone has been brainwashed to believe that Bill Gates is a medical doctor, the voting system is perfectly secure and Joe Biden is competent to be the leader of the free world.
Not only that, but the media suppressed information about Biden and his son in bed with the Chinese Communist Party until AFTER the election. But they’re not the only ones. Countless other politicians and CEOs, including those of Facebook, Twitter, Google and Youtube, are merely puppets of the CCP. And that’s because China OWNS the lion’s share of American media and tech companies. Their propaganda is conveniently right at your fingertips.
I’m sure by now that plenty of you are rolling your eyes and calling me a conspiracy theorist. But if you bother to study history, this is how it happens. Unfortunately, they don’t teach history at public schools anymore. They’re too busy teaching gender dysphoria and Harry Potter, and indoctrinating the youth of our country to hate America and everything it stands for, and to love socialism, communism, atheism and a myriad of other isms.
It’s time for those of us who love this country to stand up to the powers that be and take back what’s left of our freedom before it’s too late. Turn off the propaganda machine and think for yourself. Take off the mask, go outside and breathe. And don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t.
Janet Eisenbach, Kilauea
Trump will win something this year
Following his humiliating landslide election loss (about 7 million votes fewer than President-elect Biden), Donald Trump has apparently decided to return to winning, and compete for the title of World’s Worst Human. Trump has already ticked off quite a few items on the winner’s checklist, such as:
1. Pardon convicted mass murderers. Check!
2. Undermine the United States justice system. Check!
3. Pardon members of congress who were convicted of multiple financial felonies and others who have personally helped Trump achieve his bottomless depravity. Check!
4. Grift hundreds of $ millions from gullible supporters through continuous lying about fabricated election irregularities. Divert almost all donations directly to himself. Check!
5. Concoct an election theft scheme that would have made Saddam Hussein blush. Check!
6. Ask the vice president of the United States to ignore the will of the American people by overturning the Electoral College vote certification on Jan. 6. Check!
7. Ignore national suffering and selfishly refuse to sign a bill negotiated by the Trump administration for COVID relief. Be certain to let unemployment benefits expire for millions. Check!
8. Defund and prevent scheduled pay raises for U.S. armed-forces members by vetoing a bill to insure that military bases can remain named for traitors and murderers. Check!
9. Do nothing whatever to assist with the worsening national health crisis and economic crisis, and instead spend every day golfing at taxpayer expense, watch television, and mock scientists who are working to reduce a death toll that now equals the deaths suffered on 9/11 every day. Check!
10. Force the U.S. Secret Service and government aides to pay the maximum rates at Trump clubs for rooms, food — even water! Check!
Well, at least Trump will win something this year.
Kurt Last, Anahola
Keep beach parking free
The imposition of parking fees at Kaua‘i beaches for non-residents is a bad idea for two reasons.
First, the costs to collect the fees will most certainly exceed the revenue generated. In addition to the costs of repaving the lots and creating parking spaces, the county will have to employ attendants who will be paid salaries plus benefits.
The second reason carries more weight. Kaua‘i has more beaches than all the other Hawaiian Islands combined, but only 10 have lifeguards. We implore tourists to swim only at lifeguarded beaches. If a parking fee is instituted, tourists will go to those beaches without fees, most certainly putting their lives at risk, not to mention causing disruptions to public and private property.
Kaua‘i does need to find other sources of revenue. But we are not California. Beach parking should remain as it is, free.
Cheryle and Scott Kelley, Princeville
Kaua‘i is different
Aloha my trusted administrator,
As a seasoned Kaua‘i educator, I am again feeling dismayed by the lack of attention given to our Kaua‘i public school system. The Garden Island headlines reflect an honest concern for visitors and our local economy.
I understand this really-real reality. I want to open people’s awareness to this simple fact: Every student in our system is experiencing a stunted year of educational growth.
Knowing each child is unique, why did I have this sad conversation with a 14-year-old, precious person on Christmas Eve day at Walmart? I said, “So tell me about your present level of (how you be?) being in school?” She replied only after thinking: “I’m a good student” (she always was). I don’t do well online. So bad, I finally tried to get bad grades, even Ds, to get me back into school. It didn’t work.”
Get our children back to school now while the COVID count is so low. Maintain, get staff and teachers vaccinated, and then — after stability — let our outer-island families return along with the tourists. With children in school, at least the parents will have a large emotional burden off their very-weighted shoulders.
Remember, KAUA‘I DIFFERENT!
Elizabeth Scamahorn, Kalaheo