WAIMEA – The Department of Water (DOW) has scheduled an overnight water service shutdown for Waimea customers located on Carl Furutani Street, a portion of Huakai Road, from the intersection of Carl Furutani Street to Waimea Canyon Drive and a portion of Waimea Canyon Drive, from the intersection of Kaumuali`i Highway to Waena Road.
Water service will be turned off on Tuesday, August 4th, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, August 5th, weather permitting.
The water service shutdown is necessary in order to allow private contractor, Ka‘iwa Construction, Inc., to tie-in a new 8-inch water line to the existing water system.
Customers located in the affected area are advised to prepare for the overnight service shutdown by taking the following steps:
• Store enough water to meet your needs during the shutdown.
• Notify family, friends, tenants and neighbors that may be affected by the service shutdown.
• Those with faulty water heaters should ensure that water heaters do not empty during the shutdown.
• Businesses should plan appropriately prior to and during a service shutdown.
• To monitor updates online, visit www.facebook.com/KauaiDOW.
A trailer mounted water tank containing potable water will be available at the Waimea Athletic Field, back parking lot during the service shutdown. Customers must bring their own water containers to fill up, if needed.
More information: 245-5455