LIHUE — Kapaa High School wrestler Jolette Miner-Ho kept her winning streak alive, Saturday by downing Alana Takata of Kauai High School in the 168-pound class during the Kauai Interscholastic Federation wrestling matches contested at the Kauai High School gym.
Miner-Ho was one of 14 wahine grapplers competing on the floor in five weight classes. She also wrestled in one of the more filled divisions, rising over three other ladies in the class.
Mac Pigott, the KIF wrestling tournament director, said with the win, and the undefeated record, Miner-Ho looks to earn a high seed at the state championships, if she succeeds in keeping the win streak alive in the KIF Championship meet that is scheduled for Saturday.
On the boys’ mats that included 18 men going for top spots in five brackets, Kauai High School’s Mason Stoll-Tolentino rose over Ian Sok of Waimea, and Kylen A‘ana, also of Waimea High School to remain undefeated in KIF wrestling in both the 120-pound and 126-pound classes.
The KIF Championship meet takes place Saturday at the Kauai High School gym where the first matches start at 10 a.m.
Individual class winners earn a berth in the Texaco Hawaii High School Athletic Association Wrestling Championships that take place at the Blaisdell Center Arena on Oahu, Feb. 21 and 22.
• 112 Girls: Ashlyn Agena (Wai), Ella Ann-Kim (Kapaa)
• 122 Girls: Ambrie Rocha (Kau), Anjoeli Miyashiro (Kap)
• 138 Girls: Tessa Jenssen (Kap), Meleana Rita (Kau), Olivia Kelekoma (Kap)
• 168 Girls: Jolette Miner-Ho (Kap), Alana Takata (Kau), Tristee Souza (Kap)
• 184 Girls: Kayana Niheu-Kamaka (Wai), Shylee Shimabukuru (Kap)
• 106 Boys: Jayden Manibog (Kau), Thomas Ramos (Kau)
• 120 Boys: Mason Stoll-Tolentino (Kau), Ian Sok (Wai), Kylen A‘ana (Wai)
• 132 Boys: Herman Santos (Kap), Gabriel Obeso (Kau), Barak Aviguetero (Wai), Kaz Espina (Kap)
• 145 Boys: Lester Garcia (Kap), Walker Turpin (Kau)
• 170 Boys: Greg Manintin (Kau), Ganen Silva-Cardenas (Kau)
• 195 Boys: Kauwila Kaneapua (Wai), Joshweigh Aguinaldo (Kap)