Transcendental meditation could benefit Kauai, world

Multiple peer-review research studies confirm transcendental meditation (TM) can create peace in the Mideast and TM is the most effective cure to suicidal PTSD (post-traumatic stress syndrome) for military personnel and veterans.

TM creates a laser-like brain called electroencephalographic (EEG) coherent brain, which is like blissful, flowing, rhythmic, synchronous ocean waves. Then the TM soldier becomes faster, smarter and mentally and physically healthier. For example, TM-meditating military helicopter pilots have a significantly faster reaction time and faster hand-eye coordination compared to before TM.

Only 1% of the photons in a light need to be made synchronized, and the remaining 99% photons sweep into alignment in a phase transition, creating a powerful laser.

Like this, only 1% of society needs to TM meditate, and the remaining 99% has a phase transition to more measured peace as shown by reduced accident rates, reduced crime rates, 76% reduced war deaths in Mideast heavy combat zones, and by increased economic benefits like 20% increased gross domestic product.

Thus (A) 1% of Kauai TM meditating would (B) decrease the helicopter accident rate. Nineteen peer-review studies prove (A) TM causes (B) decreases in accidents, crime and war deaths. How do we know? Harvard-trained quantum physicist Dr. John Hagelin, PhD., explains: TM creates a field effect in collective consciousness, like dropping a pebble in a smooth pond spreads ripples to the whole pond.

“Cross-lagged panel correlation compares the synchronous correlation (the correlation between two variables at the same time) with the lagged correlations (the correlation of a variable with another variable at earlier and later times). The hypothesis that A is causing B is supported if variations in A are followed in time by correlated changes in B, whereas changes in B are not followed in time by correlated changes in A (Kenny, 1979).”

There are over 400 peer-reviewed, published studies on the benefits of TM.

What do thousands of Catholic students in schools in Latin and South America, Buddhists and Muslims in Asian schools, and African students that have learned TM have in common?

These TM students easily raise their IQ scores for fluid intelligence and their intelligence scores, grade-point averages and moral-reasoning scores. It was once thought that our level of intelligence remained static throughout life.

However, the Journal of Social Behavior &Personality, 2005, reported for TM elementary students “a 45-week study with 25 experimental and 25 controls found increases in principal components of self-concept, analytical ability and general intellectual performance among experimental participants (analysis of covariance).”

“These techniques appear to accelerate the natural developmental consolidation of awareness at a deeper level — the thinking level versus the perceptual level.”

Research demonstrates TM contributes to improved creative expression.

How many have clear thinking after a good night’s rest? Doing TM regularly has a well-proven effect of letting your nervous system settle into a state of deep rest, which offers efficient stress relief.

Many benefits come from having a laser-like focused, TM brain.

Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes, November 2012, a journal of the American Heart Association: 5-year randomized controlled study on patients with established coronary heart disease reported a 48% reduction in death, heart attack and stroke in subjects in the TM group compared to controls.

Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, October 2013: Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials found significantly greater effect of TM in reducing trait anxiety than treatment-as-usual and other alternative treatments, including mindfulness-based therapy and other meditation and relaxation practices.

Research confirms TM meditators have reduced hospitalizations in all disease categories, except for childbirth, and TM meditators live an average of about 15 years longer than controls.

Many public and private schools have taught TM to all their students. Otherwise Kauai’s valedictorians, special education students, or anyone can learn TM from Kauai certified TM teachers. It will be a wise investment. Do less and accomplish more: TM can effortlessly raise IQ scores, academic, art, music and sports achievements, and improve the level of health. TM students will be contributing to world peace.

•••

Will M. Davis is a resident of Lihue.

8 Comments
  1. Dr. Paradise January 11, 2020 5:05 am Reply

    Mahalo. Excellent inspiration.


  2. Shelly January 11, 2020 6:55 am Reply

    The Bible has encouraged us to meditate on Gods word,,, this is so valuable to life


  3. RG DeSoto January 11, 2020 4:51 pm Reply

    I’m sure the more radical Islam believers (i.e. ISIS, Taliban, Wahhabi, etc.) and neocon hawks would welcome you with open arms! (that’s an intended pun)
    RG DeSoto


  4. eh January 11, 2020 5:35 pm Reply

    The Bible also says stuff like women should serve men and gay people can’t get married so maybe ixnay on all that


  5. Aryeh January 11, 2020 8:34 pm Reply

    Before getting too excited, visit http://www.TMDeception.com. TM is a cultic organization and TM research is extraordinary flawed.


    1. Will Davis January 14, 2020 7:01 pm Reply

      TM RESEARCH is FUNDED, PUBLISHED, 
      OR PRESENTED BY: National Institutes of Health, American Medical Association, American College of Cardiology, American Psychological Association. More than 400 peer-reviewed research studies on the TM technique have been published in over 160 scientific journals. These studies were conducted at many US and international universities and research centers, including Harvard Medical School, Stanford Medical School, Yale Medical School, and UCLA Medical School. All these more than 400 studies are peer review published in research journals which means the scientific standards for publishing are perfect. Thus these studies cannot be flawed and there is no deception. Please see  http://www.tm.org/healthpro/research.php


  6. Brenda Neer January 12, 2020 10:23 pm Reply

    Wonderful article!


  7. drsurf January 14, 2020 10:12 am Reply

    My personal experience with TH. Thirteen years, out of the blue, I began having panic attacks (very scary) and developed very strong anxiety symptoms. Missed many days of work, events and fun activities. Never knew how I would wake up feeling. There was also severe insomnia, up at 2 or 3 in the morning for hours. I tried several Naturopaths each with his or her plan that ‘worked’ for a month or two and each time I thought wow, that’s it. But nothing lasted and anxiety and insomnia continued. Medication would temporarily help, didn’t like taking but at times was forced to. Several practitioners and friends asked if I meditated, which I did on occasion. Then it was suggested to me to try TM. Found teachers, took class. Initially was challenging sitting for 20 minutes but the teachers were patient with me and even called me and sat for 20 minutes with me. After a few months the anxiety lessened, the next year or two lightened even more. Now, 3 years later, anxiety gone, insomnia much better and rare is the need for any medication. TM has touched me in a great way, a very practical way and a very lasting way.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, send us an email.