The Senior Roundup, for the first time, will be held on Kauai next week at War Memorial Convention Hall.
Set for June 4, 5, and 6, the statewide event features senior line dance groups from around Hawaii. Throughout the event there is line dancing, workshops from a select few line dance instructors, and also performances from each group that is in attendance.
The Senior Roundup has been going on for many years. It is rotated between Hawaii Island, Maui, and Oahu.
This year, it will be held on Kauai for the first time in its history.
Jeffrey Callejo Jr. is a line dance instructor on the island of Kauai. He travels frequently to Hilo for line dancing and has a following on Kauai and Hawaii Island.
This will be the second year that Callejo and his group, the only “non-senior” one, have been invited.
Last year it was held on Oahu where he was a guest instructor for the workshop segment and performed with two groups during the exhibition segments.
Senior Roundup – 2019
• 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. — Social night; mass dances plus submitted dances
• Registration/Sign In
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Group practice sessions
• Noon to 1:30 p.m. lunch break
• 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. — Workshop with guest instructors
• 5:30 to 10 p.m. — Dinner/dance at the event hall. Mass dances plus submitted dances
• 7 a.m. — Group pictures
• 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Group performances with mass dances in between
• 12:30 to 1:30pm — Lunch break
• 1:30 to 3:00pm — Program continues with group performances.