LIHUE — The state House of Representatives adjourned its 2019 session last week, and Kauai nonprofits secured $1.3 million in capital improvement project grant-in-aid funds.
These CIP grants are awarded for the purpose of construction projects or the acquisition of fixed assets such as land or buildings.
Grant-in-aid CIP funding for Kauai County include:
• $250,000 for construction of a welcome center for Aha Hui E Kala;
• $50,000 to build a playground at Anaina Hou Community Park;
• $200,000 for improvements to Boys & Girls Club clubhouses in Kapaa, Lihue and West Kauai;
• $100,000 to support a restoration project for the Kamaloula Cultural Preserve in Koloa;
• $200,000 to build a food-service kitchen and community enterprise kitchen for Kauai Economic Opportunity Inc.;
• $30,000 for two delivery vans for the Meals on Wheels Program for Kauai Economic Opportunity Inc.;
• $500,000 to install a fire sprinkler system in the Kauai Adult Day Health Center.