Would you give an hour of your time to save the life of a loved one? Of course you would. Take the time to donate blood this February — you never know whose life you could help save.
Listed below are the upcoming blood drives on Kauai.
• Feb. 6, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Kauai High School, library
• Feb. 7, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Kauai Community College, Student Lounge, Kauai CC Student Life Center
Donating Blood: Fast Facts
• One in seven people entering the hospital in Hawaii will need blood, but only about 2 percent actually donate.
• 200 blood donations are needed every day in Hawaii to maintain an adequate blood supply and fulfill Hawaii’s needs.
• 1 pint can save 3 lives. Because each pint of whole blood is separated into three components – platelets, plasma, and red blood cells – one donation can help the lives of up to three people.
• The general requirements to be a blood donor are simple:
• Be in good health
• Be 18 years of age or older (16-17 year old donors with signed Blood Bank of Hawaii parent/legal guardian consent)
• Weigh 110 pounds or more (Additional height/weight requirements apply for female donors 16-18 years old)
• Bring photo ID with date of birth