LIHUE — As part of the West Kauai Community Plan process, the county Planning Department is holding community workshops focused on heritage resources, transportation and economic development.
“We appreciate every one who attended the first four workshops in November and December, and encourage West Kauai residents to continue participating,” said Planning Director Ka‘aina Hull.
Summary reports are available at www.westkauaiplan.org for the previous workshops, covering the topics of shared spaces, housing and infrastructure.
All upcoming workshops will have a regional focus. The schedule is as follows:
• Wednesday, Jan. 23, 5 to 7 p.m., Hanapepe Public Library
• Thursday, Jan. 24, 5 to 7 p.m., Kekaha Neighborhood Center
• Tuesday, Feb. 26, 5 to 7 p.m.. Hanapepe Public Library
• Wednesday, Feb. 27, 5 to 7 p.m. Kekaha Neighborhood Center
• Wednesday, March 27, 5 to 7 p.m. Hanapepe Public Library
• Thursday, March 28, 5 to 7 p.m. Kekaha Neighborhood Center
Dinner will be provided at all of the meetings.