North Korea says talks with Pompeo were ‘regrettable’

  • U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, left, says goodbye to Kim Yong Chol, right, a North Korean senior ruling party official and former intelligence chief, before boarding his plane at Sunan International Airport in Pyongyang, North Korea, Saturday, July 7, 2018, to travel to Japan. Pompeo described two days of meetings with Chol as “productive, good faith negotiations” in the ongoing effort towards denuclearization, and plans have been set to discuss the process of repatriation of remains next week in Panmunjom. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, Pool)

PYONGYANG, North Korea — High-level talks between the United States and North Korea appeared to hit a snag on Saturday as Pyongyang said a visit by U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had been “regrettable” and accused Washington of making “gangster-like” demands to pressure the country into abandoning its nuclear weapons.

0 Comments