Breaking News

Breaking News

Vanquish a phantom debt for good

FILE – This Jan. 28, 2015, file photo, shows the Federal Trade Commission building in Washington. If a debt collector demands immediate payment on a debt that doesn’t belong to you or one you’ve already paid, and they won’t back down or respect your consumer rights, file complaints with authorities who have the power to investigate: the Federal Trade Commission, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and your state attorney general’s office. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File)


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, send us an email.