Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2023 |
Share this story
The Kauai Marathon and half marathon begins at 6 a.m. on Poipu Road in front of the Poipu Shopping Village.
While traffic will flow in and around the Koloa, Poipu, Lawai and Kalaheo areas, there will be some lane and road closures between 5 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. It is recommended that travel in these areas be limited during those times.
• Access into Koloa and Poipu will be limited to Koloa Road and Omao Road until 6:30 am. From 6:30 a.m. until 8 a.m., there will be no inbound traffic other than emergency vehicles into Koloa and Poipu.
• Poipu Road will be closed from the Poipu roundabout to the Koloa bypass, (Ala Kinoiki) from 5:20 a.m. until 6:15 a.m.
• Hoonani Road will be closed from 5 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. from Lawai Road to Kapili Road. Traffic will continue to flow in and out of the Sheraton Kauai Resort via Kapili Road.
• Koloa Road to Highway 50 will be closed from 6:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
• Lauoho Road, Waha Road and Puu Road will be closed to through traffic from 7:15 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
• Omao Road from Highway 50 to Koloa Road will be closed to through traffic from 6:30 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.
• The Koloa bypass, (Ala Kinoiki), will be closed from 6 a.m. until 7:45 a.m.
• Maluhia Road both inbound and outbound to and from the Koloa bypass through to Highway 50 will be closed to traffic from 6 a.m. until 8 a.m. All traffic on Maluhia and the Koloa bypass (Ala Kinoiki) will be open about 9 a.m.
• Highway 50 from Maluhia west to Omao Road will be restricted to alternating one-way traffic in the mauka lane from 6:30 a.m. until 8:30 a.m.
• Papalina Road from Waha to Puu Road will be restricted to alternating one-way traffic in the mauka lane from 7:15 a.m. until noon.
• As runners retrace their steps via Papalina, Waha, Lauoho and Koloa Roads, the roads will re-open as indicated above once all of the runners have passed.
• Kukuiula bypass (Ala Kalanikaumaka) will be closed from 6:15 a.m. until 2 p.m. Outbound traffic from the Poipu roundabout to Koloa Road will remain open.
• The Poipu roundabout will be heavily impacted and traffic will be slowed considerably from 6:45 a.m. until 2 p.m. as runners enter the roundabout from Kukuiula bypass.
• Westbound Lawai Road and Spouting Horn traffic will be re-routed through The Shops at Kukuiula.
The Garden Island
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
By participating in online discussions you
acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful
discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments
are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines,
send us an email.