LIHUE — The County of Kauai’s Transportation Agency will be holding islandwide, public information and community comment sessions on the Kauai Bus Short-Range Transit Plan starting this week.
The Transportation Agency will provide the community with information and encourage comments and suggestions on improved weekday and weekend bus services, added shuttle locations, on-demand bus service for people with mobility constraints, as well as fare and rider information.
Session dates, times and locations are as follows:
• Monday, 4-6 p.m., Lihue Wal-Mart
• Tuesday, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Waimea Big Save
• Tuesday, 4-6 p.m., Eleele Big Save
• Wednesday, 7-9 a.m., Koloa Big Save
• Wednesday, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Lihue Times Supermarket at Kukui Grove
• Wednesday, 4-6 p.m., Kapaa Big Save
• Thursday, 7-9 a.m., Hanalei Big Save
• Thursday, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Princeville Foodland
For more details, to submit comments, or complete the public survey, see the project website at http://kauaibusplan.com/
The Garden Island