After an 11-1 run in the Kauai Interscholastic Federation regular season, the Warrior wahine are set for their first appearance at states since 1998.
Kapaa High School’s varsity softball team is set to compete in the DataHouse Softball State Championships – Division II state tournament.
The Warrior wahine are seeded No. 3 and will face Radford of the Oahu Interscholastic Association in the quarterfinals at noon today at McKinley High School in Honolulu.
Radford defeated Konawaena of the Big Island Interscholastic Federation in the opening round Wednesday at McKinley High, 10-7. Kapaa was awarded a first round bye.
Kapaa High School varsity softball head coach Francis Takasaki couldn’t be reached for comment Wednesday.
Today’s Division II quarterfinal games at McKinley High School are:
– No. 1 Kamehameha Schools-Hawaii (16-5 BIIF) vs. Waipahu, 2:15 p.m.
– No. 2 Aiea (12-0 OIA) vs. Kohala, 7 p.m.
– No. 3 Kapaa (11-1 KIF) vs. Radford, 12 p.m.
– No. 4 Molokai (8-0 MIL) vs. Saint Francis/Kalani winner, 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday’s opening round results were:
– Waipahu (5-8 OIA) 3, Honokaa (7-11 BIIF) 2
– Radford (8-5 OIA) 10, Konawaena (16-5 BIIF) 7
– Kohala (12-6 BIIF) 12, Lanai (5-3 MIL) 0
– Saint Francis (7-5 ILH) vs. Kalani (9-3 OIA), result not available by press time.
Information from ScoringLive contributed to this story.