Spring 2017 recruitment will be conducted in the following cities, according to the state Department of Education website.
• Chicago, IL, March 19-21
• New York, NY, March 24-25
• Dallas, TX, March 31-April 1
• Portland, OR, April 4-6
• Los Angeles, CA, April 7-8
• Atlanta, GA, April 15-16
The recruitment priorities for Hawaii for the 2017-2018 school year are the following:
• Special education (K-12)
• Secondary English, secondary mathematics, secondary science
• Willing to teach in hard-to-staff locations (Hawaii District: Kau, Keaau, and Pahoa complexes; Maui District: Hana, islands of Lanai and Molokai; Leeward District: Nanakuli and Waianae complexes on the island of Oahu)
• Willing to teach in West Maui (Lahaina)
The DOE also hosts virtual job fairs online with live chats to reach the broadest possible audiences, advertises in various media outlets and on social media.