Fire destroys Hanapepe home

HANAPEPE — A home was destroyed after a fire broke out Tuesday morning, according to Kauai Fire Department officials.

Officials believe the fire was started by an unattended candle in one of the bedrooms. No injuries were reported.

The fire was fully extinguished at approximately 6:30 a.m., but the home is considered a total loss and damages to the structure and its contents is estimated to be about $100,000.

At 5 a.m., emergency personnel were notified of a house fire on Awawa Road. Firefighters from the Hanapepe, Waimea and Lihue stations responded to the scene along with police and the on-duty Battalion Chief.

The three-bedroom, one-story home was fully engulfed in flames when Hanapepe firefighters arrived on scene.

The adult female who lives in the residence reported she was sleeping when the crackling of the fire woke her up. She was able to safely exit the home. 

 

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, send us an email.