Kalaheo man electrocuted at construction site identified

LAWAI – A Kalaheo man died after being electrocuted during an apparent accident at a home construction site in Lawai on Wednesday.

Police have identified him as 46-year-old Gary Wiser.

Wiser is a contractor who was working at the site on Hailima Road at the time of the incident. At approximately 10 a.m., Wiser was assisting a crane operator with moving trusses off the roadway and onto the home’s property. According to reports, Wiser was holding the cable at the end of the crane when he was apparently electrocuted by an overhead power line.

Wiser collapsed and bystanders began CPR until firefighters and medics arrived.

Medics transported Wiser to Wilcox Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Foul play is not suspected in the cause of the man’s death. An autopsy is pending.

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, send us an email.