Kapahi bridge closed

KAPAHI — Kapahi bridge is closed to traffic, and will remain closed until the project is completed in May 2017.

The project site is at the end of Kawaihau Road at its junction with Kahuna Road.

The scope of work includes the removal of the existing one-lane bridge and construction of a new bridge of similar size and aesthetic qualities.

The Federal Highway Administration is providing 80 percent of the funding for this project; the remaining 20 percent is funded through the county’s highway and bond funds.

Drayko Construction, Inc. is the general contractor.

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, send us an email.