INDIAN WELLS, Calif. — The No. 6 ranked University of Hawaii men’s tennis team fell in the first round of the 2016 Big West Tournament to No. 3 UC Davis, 4-0, Wednesday morning at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
The Aggies won the doubles point to start the match with Alec Adamson and Adam Levie defeating UH’s Felix Albert and Marcel Chan on the No. 1 court, 6-1, while Ruben Blattner and Joakim Pinola fell to UC Davis’ Eli Whittle and Brett Bacharach, 6-2.
In singles, the Aggies won the first three matches on the No. 2, 3, and 5 courts to complete the 4-0 win. No. 3 Chan battled Brett Bacharach in the first set, but Bacharach pulled away in the second, 7-5, 6-1.
The Rainbow Warriors finish the season with a 1-17 overall record. UC Davis advances to the quarterfinals with a 17-6 overall mark.
Order of Finish: 2, 1
1. Alec Adamson/Adam Levie (UCD) def. Felix Albert/Marcel Chan (UH), 6-1
2. Eli Whittle/Brett Bacharach (UCD) def. Ruben Blattner/Joakim Pinola (UH), 6-2
3. Bryce McKelvie/Tommy Lam (UCD) vs. Igor Kolaric/Nikolai Storch (UH), DNF
Order of Finish: 5, 2, 3
1. Alec Adamson (UCD) vs. Felix Albert (UH), DNF
2. James Wade (UCD) def. Igor Kolaric Wade (UH) 6-1, 6-1
3. Brett Bacharach (UCD) def. Marcel Chan (UH), 7-5, 6-1
4. Bryce McKelvie (UCD) vs. Ruben Blattner (UH), DNF
5. Everett Maltby (UCD) def. Nikolai Storch (UH), 6-0, 6-0
6. Tommy Lam (UCD) vs. Fabian Woehrl (UH), DNF