LIHUE — The Kauai Island Utility Cooperative Nominating Committee has confirmed eight candidates for its Board of Directors election on March 14.
The candidates are:
– Karen S. Baldwin of Princeville, an estate planning attorney and incumbent KIUC director.
– Stewart V. Burley of Lawai Valley, principal at Strategic Theories Unlimited and a former member of the KIUC board.
– Harold J. Dias Jr. of Kapaa, international representative for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
– Dennis Esaki of Kapaa, owner of Esaki Surveying and a former chair of the KIUC board.
– Patrick Gegen of Kalaheo, principal with P.S. Gegen Consulting and an incumbent KIUC director.
– Jan Kimura of Kilauea, self-employed and a member of the Kauai Planning Commission.
– William D. Peterson of Kapaa, a retired information technology professional.
– Dennis James Rowley of Hanapepe, a semi-retired high technology professional.
The eight candidates are running for three seats on the Board of Directors. A director is one of nine elected representatives of the members of KIUC. The board governs the business of KIUC and sets the strategic direction and policies.
Members should look for their election packets in the mail after Feb. 18.
Info: www.kiuc.coop or call 246-4383.