Thursday, June 30, 2022 |
Share this story
LIHUE – The Department of Parks and Recreation will be issuing camping and facilities permits at the neighborhood centers and will no longer offer this service at the Lihue Civic Center.
The change will take effect on Monday.
“I commend the Department of Parks and Recreation for making this change. It will help us manage expenses by not filing a vacant position, and instead redistribute the duties to our neighborhood centers,” said Mayor Bernard Carvalho, Jr.
Camping and facilities permits can be obtained at:
• Hanapepe – Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., 4451 Puolo Road, 335-3731
• Kalaheo – Monday to Friday, 12 to 4 p.m., 4480 Papalina Road, 332-9770
• Lihue – Monday to Friday, 1 to 4 p.m.; 3354 Eono Street, 241-6858
• Kapaa – Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., 4491 Kou Street; 822-1931
• Kilauea – Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., 2460 Keneke Street, 828-1421
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
By participating in online discussions you
acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful
discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments
are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines,
send us an email.