LIHUE – Real property owners that believe their properties were given the wrong tax classifications for the 2014 tax year can apply for reclassification if the application is received no later than Dec. 31.
Bill No. 2558, which was recently passed by the County Council, allows qualified real property owners a one-time reclassification for the current tax year.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must submit a new “Use Survey Form” to the Real Property Assessment office and at least one of the following documents:
• Canceled general excise tax
• Canceled transient accommodations tax license
• Canceled or revoked commercial use permit
• Copies of long-term lease agreements
• Other documentation that indicate that the 2014 tax classification is incorrect
Info: www.kauai.gov/realpropertyclass or call 241-4224.