The Kauai Chamber of Commerce will be having its 15th annual Employment Law Seminar on from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, Oct. 10, at the Courtyard Marriott Kauai at Kauai Coconut Beach Resort in the Paddle Room.
Attorneys Wayne Yoshigai, and Joseph Ernst, of Torkildson Katz Hethrington Moore & Harris, will be here to discuss the latest labor and employment laws.
It will include:
• An update of the latest case law and legislative developments in equal employment opportunity harassment, retaliation and discrimination laws.
• Learn what revisions to your personnel manual are recommended by recent developments in the law, courts and technology.
• Leave and Reasonable Accommodation – learn about the most common problems for employers and how to avoid them;
• The Employment Process: Interviewing and Hiring; your basic company policies and administration of benefits and discipline and discharge
• Ask the attorney! Discuss your employment law issue with the attorney
The annual Employment Law Seminar is billed as the most cost-effective seminar for Hawaii businesses to keep on top of human resources and personnel law issues.
“The seminar will provide you with the latest developments to protect you and your business or organization from these challenges and help you minimize employee-related costs and liability,” a press release stated.
Paid registrants will receive a complimentary hard copy of the 2013-14 Chamber Desk Manual: Labor and Employment Law for Hawaii employers and access to the on-line Chamber Desk Manual with regular updates.
Chamber/SHRM members are $325 and non-members are $375. For three-plus Chamber/SHRM members, a discount of $295 per person applies.
Breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks, the Chamber Desk Manual, and the online Chamber Desk Manual are included. Registration is required for a manual, call the Chamber office at 245-7363, or email email@example.com