Public Meetings for Sunday, July 28, 2013
Kauai County Council
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Wednesday, Historic County Building, 4396 Rice St., Lihue
• County Attorney requesting approval to expend funds up to $20,000 for special counsel to represent the County Council in matters relating to the investigation of personnel matters involving the County Auditor’s Office (deferred July 17).
• Prosecuting Attorney requesting approval to establish and hire one 50 percent full-time equivalent special investigator position on an 89-day contractual basis.
• County Attorney requesting approval to expend funds up to $32,000 for special counsel to represent the County Council in matters relating to the investigation of personnel matters involving the County Auditor’s Office.
• Deputy County Attorney Ian Jung recommending approval of a Grant of Pedestrian and Parking Easements relating to Kahuaina Plantation Subdivision and Kahuaina Plantation Subdivision Phase II.
• Three claims against county.
• Resolution establishing a crosswalk and eliminating on-street parking on Rice Street.
• Bill 2496, related to collective bargaining agreement for Unit 12.
• Executive session 659 — County Attorney to provide briefing to council related to investigation of personnel matters involving the Office of the County Auditor.
Kauai County Council
1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Kauai Veterans Center, 3215 Kapule Hwy., Lihue
• Public Hearing on Bill 2491, related to pesticide-use disclosure and buffer zones for crops of genetically modified organisms.
Kauai Historic Preservation Committee
3 p.m., Thursday, Moikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
• Update on County Historic Resource Inventory project.
• Update on CLG funding by Mike Gushard, architectural historian/CLG program coordinator, State Historic Preservation Division.
• Resonance Project Foundation.
• Repairs at Hanapepe River Bridge.
• Miiki Taro House (Gaylord Wilcox) in Hanalei. Complete demolition of house and shed.
• Hanamaulu Trading Company, reconstruct fire-damaged building.
— Visit www.kauai.gov to view agendas
in their entirety.