9 a.m. Monday, Mo‘ikeha Building, Liquor Conference Room
• Possible hiring of consultant to conduct review of salaries including, but not limited to fringe benefits of council members and all officers and employees included in Section 3-2-1 of the Kaua‘i County Code.
• Communication from Hawai‘i Department of Human Resources to Chair Robert Crowell, providing information regarding establishing non-bargaining employees’ salaries.
• Communication from City and County of Honolulu Salary Commission to Chair Robert Crowell, providing information regarding establishing non-bargaining employees’ salaries.
• Update on status of Salary Resolution 2012-1 and consideration on proposed new resolution.
Charter Review Commission
4 p.m., Monday, Mo‘ikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
• Amendment related to mayor’s authority over commission-appointed department heads.
• Amendment revising qualifications related to partial districting.
• Memorandum from commission to Office of Prosecuting Attorney requesting proposed charter language related to OPA.
• Memorandum from OPA proposing amendment to article related to Office of County Attorney.
• Memorandum from OPA proposing amendment to article related to Police Department.
Board of Water Supply, Finance Committee
1 p.m., Tuesday, 4398 Pua Loke St., Lihu‘e
• Draft Budget 2013.
Civil Service Commission
3 p.m., Tuesday, Liquor Conference Room
• Director’s report.
• Seven executive sessions.
Kaua‘i Planning Commission
9 a.m., Tuesday, Mo‘ikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
• Good To Go Living athletic fitness facility at the intersection of Wilcox and Nawiliwili roads.
• Public hearing postponed to May 8: Commercial development in Kilauea Town at the intersection of Ho‘okui and Kolo roads — Michael M. Dyer Revocable Trust.
• Kukui‘ula Development Co., LLC. status report of compliance related to condition 10 of Special Management Area Use Permit.
• Annual status report from state Department of Transportation, Airports Division, on Condition 8 of Special Management Area Use Permit.
• Shoreline setback activity determination for Jeffrey Fleming TMK (4) 4-3-009.
• Presentation from Dan Parolek from Opticos Design to brief the commission about Form Based Code regulatory concepts.
Kaua‘i County Council
9 a.m., Wednesday, Historic County Building
• Update on Kilauea Gym’s repair and maintenance.
• Request from Fire Chief to accept donation of watertender vehicle from Honolulu Fire Department, to be located at Koloa Fire Station. Shipping from O‘ahu costs $1,500.
• Request from Fire Chief to accept the loan of a watertender vehicle from State of Hawai‘i, to be located at Lihu‘e Fire Station. Shipping from Calif. costs $7,500.
• Communication from Open Spaces Commission, transmitting for council approval their report, including recommendations for priority projects to be considered for funding.
• Communication from Police Chief requesting approval to use asset forfeiture funds to spend $5,100 in cellular software upgrades.
• Communication from Police Chief requesting approval to transfer $17,834 from County Self-Insurance Funds to KPD Investigative Services Bureau/Vice Narcotics for the purchase of a replacement vehicle.
• Period 8 of County Financial Reports for Fiscal Year 2012.
• Communication from Fire Chief requesting approval to accept donation of two jet skis valued at $13,723 each and two jet ski trailers valued at $1,664 each.
• Request from Office of County Attorney for approval of the following for Po‘ipu Inn Wastewater Pump Station and Sewage Collection System: Operation and maintenance agreement Po‘ipu Inn and the county, and Wastewater services conditional “will serve” commitment letter.
• Request from Police Chief to enter into rental agreement with Hawai‘i Health Systems Corporation for use of 1.56 acres at 480 Kawaihau Rd. to be used for new police substation for $1 per year for 50 years.
• Resolution proposing charter amendment to define “shall,” “must” and “may.”
• Resolution proposing charter amendment to create Office of Council Attorney.
• Resolution approving issuance of general obligation bonds to refund all or a portion of the general obligation bonds.
• Resolution confirming mayoral appointment of Michael Nagano to Fire Commission.
• Resolution encouraging adoption of anti-bullying policies and regulations.
• Second reading: Bill to allow solar energy facilities in the agricultural district.
• Executive session related to council’s release of County Attorney’s written legal opinion regarding Real Property Tax resolution and setting of tax rates.
Open Space Commission
1 p.m., Thursday, Mo‘ikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
• Discussion with County Attorney pertaining to legal issues involved with recommending acquisition of real property to the County Council as part of the annual report.
• Rules of practice and procedure and policy on communications.
• Update on commission’s work plan/timeline of events and activities through 2012.
• Discussion of itinerary and logistics for upcoming field trip to the South and West sides, including sites recommended in the commission’s 2011 report to the council and the mayor.
• Access to Kukui‘ula Bay through the former Hoban property.
• Discussion on presentation to council and mayor.
• Past commission recommendations and concerns, and suggestions for future work plans.
9 a.m., Friday, Mo‘ikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
• Employee of the Month: Officers Makana Rivera and Russell Himongala.
• Chief’s April and quarterly reports.
• KPD’s proposed budget for Fiscal Year 2013.
• Petition urging mayor and commission to have Police Chief issue all retired police officers who have retired in good standing a Retired Police Officer Photographic Identification.
• Notarized complaints.
• Nine executive sessions.
— Visit www.kauai.gov to view
State Legislature contacts
House of Representatives
Derek Kawakami, D-14th District
(Hanalei, Anahola, Kealia, Kapa‘a, Waipouli)
Hawai‘i State Capitol, Room 314
Jimmy Tokioka, D- 15th District
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 322
Dee Morikawa, D- 16th District
(Ni‘ihau, Lehua, Koloa, Waimea)
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 310
Ron Kouchi, D-7th District
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 206