Charter Review Commission — Special meeting
4 p.m., Monday, Mo‘ikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
• Deliberation on whether the Kaua‘i County Charter needs clarification as to the mayor’s authority over commission-appointed department heads.
Kaua‘i Planning Commission
9 a.m., Tuesday, Mo‘ikeha Building, Meeting Room 2A/2B
• New hearing: Special permit to allow use of existing single family residence for Transient Vacation Rental purposes by Richard Adkins, approximately 600 feet south of ‘Anini Beach Park.
• Annual report status: Coconut Beach Development, LLC.
• Request to allow extension of permits in Princeville to Glover Honsador, LLC.
• Application for permits to develop multiplex cinema at intersection of Kalepa and Pikake streets in Lihu‘e.
Civil Service Commission
3 p.m., Tuesday, Liquor Conference Room
• Communication from 5th Circuit Court in the matter of Eric Rita vs. Civil Service Commission.
• Letter from Human Resources Task Force to the commission, providing a copy of the communication to the Kaua‘i County Council with an update on centralizing personnel functions and services.
• Director’s report for last two weeks of February and first two weeks of March.
• Four executive sessions.
Kaua‘i County Council
9 a.m., Wednesday, Historic County Building
• Mayoral appointees: Cayetano Gerardo — Board of Review; Randy Finlay — Salary Commission.
• Ron Shiigi N&K CPAs Inc. to participate in follow-up discussion related to Comprehensive Annual Financial Review for fiscal year ending June 30.
• Annual synopsis of construction activity in the county as reflected in the building permit information provided to the council on a monthly basis. Projection of construction activity in the county for 2012 calendar year.
• Director of Personnel Services quarterly report on vacancies, new hires, transfers, reallocations and promotions.
• County Engineer and Chief of Buildings to provide update on repairs, maintenance of Kilauea Gym, related to leaking roof and damaged floor.
• Public release of County Attorney opinion regarding delegation of fee setting for Wailua Golf Course; and County Attorney opinion regarding Bill 2427 related to bus fares.
• Request from Police Commission for authorization to spend up to $10,000 to retain special counsel to represent commission in filing a complaint with the 5th Circuit Court and asking for a declaratory judgment as to who has the authority to supervise and/or discipline the Chief of Police.
• Resolution establishing no-parking at any time along a portion of the county access road in the vicinity of Vidinha Stadium soccer fields.
• Resolution establishing real property tax rates for fiscal year 2013, which starts July 1.
• Resolution confirming Cayetano Gerardo to Board of Review.
• Resolution confirming Randy Finlay to Salary Commission.
• Resolution confirming Patricia Sheehan to Historic Preservation Review Commission.
• Resolution supporting proposal for a position for a state director at the Hawai‘i State Association of Counties.
• First reading: Bill 2431, related to operating budget and financing for FY 2013.
• First reading: Bill 2432, related to capital improvements and financing for FY 2013.
• First reading: Bill 2433, related to amending comprehensive zoning ordinance in its entirety.
• Second reading: Bill 2424. to allow solar energy facilities in the agriculture district.
• Second reading: Bill 2422, related to comprehensive zoning ordinance.
• Second reading: Bill 2423, related to Public Access, Open Space and Natural Resources Preservation Fund.
• Second reading: Bill 2425, related to home exemptions.
• Second reading: Bill 2429, related to special improvement financing by community facilities districts.
• Second reading: Bill 2430, related to real property tax.
— Visit www.kauai.gov to view
State Legislature contacts
House of Representatives
Derek Kawakami, D-14th District
(Hanalei, Anahola, Kealia, Kapa‘a, Waipouli)
Hawai‘i State Capitol, Room 314
Jimmy Tokioka, D- 15th District
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 322
Dee Morikawa, D- 16th District
(Ni‘ihau, Lehua, Koloa, Waimea)
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 310
Ron Kouchi, D-7th District
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 206